EUGENE, Ore. -- Happy Friday! This morning we saw some patchy fog at the coast, otherwise it has been quiet. I do expect that sunshine to continue through the afternoon with highs in the mid-80s inland and closer to 70 at the coast. Really a great way to start the weekend. Normal high temperature for this time of year is 82 degrees.
Friday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Sunday: Becoming sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Monday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 90s
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 90s
Thursday: Sunny. Highs in upper 80s to low 90s
Tomorrow, I am tracking a weak system moving into British Columbia and northern Washington. This will bring a few high clouds on Saturday afternoon as well as likely a loss of a few degrees in temperature.
That same system will bring onshore flow Saturday overnight into Sunday. That will cause an increase in marine clouds into the inland valleys. Those clouds will burn off in the afternoon with sunshine returning, but it will keep temperatures down a few degrees.
Seasonable temperatures move out early next week with a strong upper level ridging building out of California. There is some uncertainty about where the exact location and what the strength of the ridge will be. The location and strength are important in regards to how strong the offshore flow will be. Stronger offshore flow means warmer temperatures. The American GFS is weaker with highs near 90, while the European ECMWF is stronger with highs in the mid to upper 90s. At the coast, offshore flow will be an even bigger factor, being the difference between 70s and 80s. Right now, we are forecasting mid-70s on Tuesday and Wednesday. Models should have better consistency later this weekend.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Beautiful weekend ahead of heat wave
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Beautiful Labor Day holiday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat blast continues Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Labor Day holiday weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat returns to western Oregon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat to return next week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking dangerous heat and critical fire weather
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures to cool into the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cooler temperatures expected over the weekend