EUGENE, Ore. -- I can see clearly now that the rain is gone: The clouds are moving out, and sunshine is returning this afternoon, but we got some much-needed rain yesterday.
Here is a look at rainfall totals Wednesday. You will notice that North Bend is missing data. That is because the official rain gauge controlled by FAA is broken, but rain gauges in the area showed between 0.4 and 0.5 inches of rain.
Thursday: Becoming sunny. Highs in upper 70s to low 80s
Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Saturday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Sunday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Monday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 90s
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 90s
After this rain, fire danger has been dropped temporarily to low in Lane, Linn, Benton, and Coos counties and moderate in Douglas county. This will be temporary because dry weather is returning and highs will be returning to the low to mid 90s inland starting next Tuesday. It will not take low for fuels to dry back out.
Thursday will see sunshine in the afternoon after morning clouds. Temperatures will be in the upper 70s and low 80s, but will warm back into the low to mid 80s for the weekend.
Next week, models are in good agreement with a high-pressure ridge building out of California and persisting through at least Wednesday. This will continue the sunshine, but it will bring in reduced winds and temperatures will be climbing into the low to mid 90s inland. Summer is not over yet.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returning this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returns; more rain on the way
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat to return next week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat returns to western Oregon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Fall-like weather returns for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Dry start to weekend before rain returns
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 2
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 5
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 6
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 7