EUGENE, Ore. -- Western Oregon is in a stretch of above normal temperatures, at or near 90 degrees. Today will close out that streak with low 80s and upper 70s moving in by next weekend.
Monday: Sunny. Highs in upper 80s to low 90s
Tuesday: Mostly Sunny. Highs in mid to upper 80s
Wednesday: Partly Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Highs in low to mid 80s
Friday: Mostly Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Saturday: Partly sunny w/ slight chance. Highs in upper 70s to low 80s
Sunday: Mostly Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Those temperatures are approximately running 5 to 10 degrees above normal, with some Sunday’s highs listed in the top 5 hottest days so far this year.
Temperatures will begin to cool as the week goes on. This is due an upper level low pressure system drifting into the area from the remnants of once Tropical Storm Gil. The low currently sits off of the West Coast. This low will pull deeper onshore flow, bringing in more clouds to the area on Wednesday.
Models also in general agreement with a potential surface low pressure system bringing temperatures into the upper 70s and a chance of precipitation Friday night into Saturday morning. This will be something to watch this week, with the track still unconcern and as well as where precipitation will be focused.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 2
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 5
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 6
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 7
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Severe storms possible on Friday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Severe storms could spark new wildfires
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunny and warm start to the week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat returns to western Oregon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures to cool into the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat to return next week