EUGENE, Ore. -- After a cool start to this past weekend, sunshine returned to western Oregon on Sunday and today it will continue. With high pressure overhead, we will remain dry, sunny, and warm through Thursday. Temperatures today peak near 70 at the Coast and in the mid to upper 80s inland. The coast will remain near 70 through the next seven days.
Monday: Sunny. Highs in mid to upper 80s
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in mid to upper 80s
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in mid 80s
Thursday: Sunny. Highs in low 80s
Friday: Mostly cloudy w/ slight chance. Highs in mid 70s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ slight chance. Highs in upper 70s
Sunday: Partly sunny. Highs in low 80s
Temperatures will continue to rise inland on Tuesday and Wednesday into the mid to upper 80s in Willamette Valley and near 90 in the Umpqua Basin.
A cool front will move in Thursday, dropping temperatures into the low to mid 80s. Despite the cooler temperatures, mostly sunny skies will remain in place for one more day.
Changes will arrive Friday with temperatures falling into the 70s as well as more clouds. The question at this time is will there be any precipitation. Models at this time are very split. The European model points to a very wet solution, while the American model shows a very different, dry solution. If European model is correct, expect a cooler and wetter weekend. If American model is correct, clouds would be around the start the weekend with more sun towards end of the weekend. Remember models are just gossip, not gospel, meaning things can and will change.
European ECMWF at Saturday 9 a.m.
American GFS at Saturday 9 a.m.
As the week goes on, we will be a better idea of which solution will win out. For the time being, I have only placed a slight chance of precipitation on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunny and warm start to the week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 2
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 5
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 6
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 7
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat to return next week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Severe storms possible on Friday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Severe storms could spark new wildfires
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat returns to western Oregon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures to cool into the weekend