EUGENE, Ore. -- The heat is on the way for today and tomorrow as temperatures approach 90 degrees inland. Coastal temperatures will remain in the 70s over the next several days as well. The coast also will continue to see marine clouds/fog in the morning on Wednesday.
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in upper 80s and low 90s
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in upper 80s and low 90s
Thursday: Sunny. Highs in mid to upper 80s
Friday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Sunday: Partly sunny w/ slight chance. Highs in low 80s
Monday: Sunny. Highs in mid 80s
Temperatures will start to cool on Thursday back into the mid-80s inland as a weak system drops south out of British Columbia. The majority of energy will stay well east of the Cascades, meaning that we will remain dry. Despite staying dry, temperatures will drop 2 to 5 degrees.
Temperatures will continue to cool into the low to mid 80s for the weekend as an upper level trough digs into the Pacific Northwest. Yesterday, I spoke about it still being up in the air on whether we would see precipitation or not. The bulk of any precipitation stays over Eastern Oregon.
A ridge will begin building out of the Desert Southwest on Sunday returning winds out of more southwesterly direction. This bring back warmer temperatures at least through Monday. Models start diverging beyond that, with most models having difficulty resolving an incoming low-pressure system. If trends continue, mid-next week could see cooler weather moving in.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat returns to western Oregon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat to return next week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat blast continues Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returning this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking dangerous heat and critical fire weather
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Beautiful weekend ahead of heat wave
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Fall-like weather returns for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returns; more rain on the way
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Dry start to weekend before rain returns
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 2