EUGENE, Ore. -- Thanksgiving started in the Willamette Valley with cold temperatures and patches of fog, especially in the Eugene/Springfield area. This afternoon sunshine will return with temperatures climbing into the upper 30s and low 40s.
Thanksgiving: Fog/Mostly sunny. Highs near 40
Black Friday: Frost/Sunny. Highs in upper 30s
Saturday: Partly sunny/isolated showers developing after 5pm. Snow level 1,500. Highs near 40
Sunday: Iso. showers. Snow level 4,500 ft. Highs near 40
Monday: Iso. Showers before 11am. Snow level 4,500 ft. Highs in mid 40s
Tuesday: Partly sunny. Highs in mid 40s
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy w/ slight chance. Highs in upper 40s
Thanksgiving normally averages a high temperature of 50 degrees. The coldest Thanksgiving in Eugene was 30 degrees back in 1896.
High pressure and offshore winds will lead to dry, chilly weather through Friday. Low temperatures Thursday night into Friday morning, will drop into the low to mid 20s. If you are going Black Friday shopping tonight, make sure to dress warm.
The Civil War Game, in Eugene this year, will likely be dry, but cold. Temperatures will likely sit in the 30s for the tailgate, and near 40 at kickoff at 1pm.
The next low-pressure system will approach from the southwest on Saturday night, bringing light showers to the region.There are still some question marks for this system, especially as to whether there will be enough cold advection from offshore wind to drop snow levels to the valley floor at the start or will it just be rain. This likely will be figured out over the next 24 to 48 hours.
Right now, the most likely snow levels will start around 1,500 ft Saturday night and rise to about 4,500 ft by Sunday afternoon.
For more information, visit the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cold, dry ahead of next storm on Saturday night
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cold, dry Thanksgiving after winter storm
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Chilly, dry night for trick-or-treaters
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Dry start to weekend before rain returns
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine, dry conditions to continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold, wet weather for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking the next cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold mornings, sunshine-filled afternoons
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Beautiful weekend ahead of heat wave