EUGENE, Ore. -- A weak ridge of high pressure has brought in patchy areas of fog and low clouds in the valleys Thursday morning. As the afternoon progresses, clouds will give way to sunshine, but chilly temperatures will remain with highs in the 30s and 40s.
Thursday: AM fog/Mostly sunny. Highs in upper 30s to low 40s
Friday: AM drizzle/Mostly cloudy. Snow level 2,000 ft. Highs in mid 40s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ showers late. Snow level 4,000 ft. Highs in mid 40s.
Sunday: Rain. Snow level 3,500 ft. Highs in mid 40s
Monday: AM Fog/Mostly cloudy w/ slight chance. Highs in mid 40s
New Year’s Eve: Rain likely. Snow level 5,500 ft. Highs in mid 40s
New Year’s Day: Chance of rain. Snow level 4,500 ft. Highs in mid 40s
Tonight, a weak cold front will stay mainly north of the area, but it will bring some light drizzle and showers early Friday morning. Any rainfall accumulations will likely be less than a tenth of inch.
The rest of the day Friday and much of Saturday will remain dry, but mostly cloudy, as high pressure returns. A cold front approaching the coast will bring rain to the coast starting Saturday afternoon. These showers will slowly push inland Saturday night. There are still a lot of question marks as to the strength of this front, as the European model is significantly stronger than the American model.
Models do generally agree that a low-pressure system will be diving south somewhere along the west coast on Sunday. Current landfall is somewhere between Vancouver Island and the Oregon/California line. This will bring more rain to the area, as well as snow. The National Weather Service has already hinted at a Winter Weather Advisory in the Cascades for Sunday.
Drier weather is expected on Monday, as a weak high-pressure ridge travels overhead. However, this will be short-lived with another front arriving on New Year’s Eve.
For more information, visit the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking rain and snow for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking rounds of rain through the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain and snow returning for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking weekend chance of rain and snow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking our next rainmaker this weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold, wet weather for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Significant rainfall on track through the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking showers, mountain snow, and cool temps for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: White Christmas? Tracking rain and snow showers for Christmas Eve