EUGENE, Ore. -- Some of the coldest air of the winter thus far is in place on Tuesday with high temperatures struggling to get out of the 30s.
Expect isolated rain and snow showers with some sunbreaks the rest of the day. The snow level will be between 500 and 1,000 feet. There is a winter weather advisory in place for the central Coast Range and for the Cascades and foothills in Lane County until 4 p.m.
Tuesday: Isolated Rain/Snow Showers. Snow level 1,000 ft. Highs in upper 30s.
Wednesday: PM Rain/Snow. Snow level 1,500 ft. Highs in low/mid 40.
Thursday: Showers. Snow level 2,000 ft. Highs in mid 40s.
Friday: PM Rain. Snow level 1,500 ft. Highs in mid 40s
Saturday: Rain. Snow level 3,000 ft, increasing to 4,000. Highs in mid 40s.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated Showers. Snow level 3,000 ft, increasing to 4,000. Highs in upper 40s.
Monday: Chance of rain. Snow level 4,000 ft. Highs near 40.
Showers activity will slow into the evening with a brief break in precipitation overnight into Wednesday morning. It will be a cold night with temperatures falling into the 20s. Black ice and slick road conditions will likely remain in place through Wednesday morning.
A stronger low-pressure system will bring more rain/snow chances to the region on Wednesday night. Snow levels will likely be around 1,500 to 2,000 feet as this storm moves through. This means the Cascades, foothills, and parts of the Coast Range could see more snow. The rest of us will likely see just a cold, wet night heading into Thursday.
Showers will continue on Thursday before slowing Thursday night between systems. The next round of rain will arrive on Friday night through Saturday. Saturday looks to be a rather wet day, but showers will likely end on Sunday morning. This means Sunday afternoon will likely see some sunbreaks and as well as temperatures climbing close to 50 degrees.
For more information, visit the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Isolated rain and snow showers expected to continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect rain, snow as winter storm continues
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Isolated showers and fall-like temperatures continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect showers tomorrow
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect rain this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Morning rain becoming isolated showers by the afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Threat of showers and t-storms continues
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: White Christmas? Tracking rain and snow showers for Christmas Eve
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking weekend chance of rain and snow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Light rain and snow showers for Christmas Eve