Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- It was a frosty, foggy start to October with temperatures in the 30s and 40s on Tuesday morning.
Tuesday: AM fog, PM Sunny. Highs in low 60s
Wednesday: Increasing clouds. Highs in low 60s
Thursday: Mostly cloudy w/ chance showers. Snow level 5,500’. Highs low to mid 60s
Friday: Partly sunny w/ AM chance showers. Snow level 5,000’. Highs in mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in mid to upper 60s
Sunday: Sunny. Highs in upper 60s to low 70s
Monday: Mostly sunny. Highs in upper 60s to low 70s
After a chilly start, sun will be with us on Tuesday as high pressure keeps us dry but cool. Highs will run about 10 degrees below normal. Clear skies will continue overnight, allowing for another cold night with lows in the 30s and 40s.
Cool and dry weather will continue into Wednesday, though clouds will be increasing throughout the day as a front moves in Wednesday night. This front is associated with a broad area of a low-pressure system currently over the Gulf of Alaska. The low itself will stay to our northwest, as the front pushes through the region. The front will be weakening as it approaches, with heaviest precipitation being at the coast and more showers inland.
Behind the front, an unstable air mass will remain over the region, bringing scattered showers on Thursday. At this time, thunderstorms do not look likely. Showery conditions will continue into Friday morning before drying out during the afternoon as high pressure returns for the weekend.
This weekend offshore winds will bring warmer and drier conditions, but temperatures look to remain a few degrees below normal. Unsettled weather will return early next week with another upper-level trough dropping out of the Gulf of Alaska.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking the next cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold, wet weather for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold mornings, sunshine-filled afternoons
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking a wet Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine ahead of the next front's arrival
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cold front will bring more rain Tuesday afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking chance of precipitation on Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking dangerous heat and critical fire weather
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking heavy showers and thunderstorms