EUGENE, Ore. -- After a chilly start with temperatures in the 30s Wednesday morning, sunshine will increase temperatures to about 60 degrees in the afternoon. That’s still about 10 degrees below normal, while the month of October itself is running about 5 degrees below normal so far.
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in upper 50s and low 60s
Thursday: Sunny. Highs in upper 50s and low 60s
Friday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ PM isolated showers. Highs in low to mid 60s
Sunday: Partly sunny w/ AM isolated showers and patchy fog. Highs in low to mid 60s
Monday: Partly sunny. Highs in low to mid 60s
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy w/ PM showers. Highs in low to mid 60s
Wednesday night into Thursday morning will be one the coldest nights we have seen since last spring. Clear skies will allow radiation cooling to occur, dropping temperatures into the 20s and 30s. There is also a freeze warning for the Umpqua Basin and the Willamette Valley until 8 a.m. Thursday morning. Farmers within the freeze warning are advised to harvest or protect tender vegetation. Potted plants normally left outdoors should be covered or brought inside away from the cold.
High pressure will keep the region dry the rest of the week, but offshore flow will allow for some warming. Expect highs by Friday to reach into the 60s at the coast, and warming to mid-60s and low 70s in the valleys.
The next frontal system will arrive this weekend. Right now, the front looks to arrive Saturday afternoon/evening bringing light showers into Sunday morning. Precipitation will slow on Sunday as a weak high pressure ridge arrives on Sunday night into Monday.
There will be a quick break on Monday with partly sunny skies, followed by the next front arriving late Tuesday. The general trend over the next week will be afternoon highs near 60 degrees and overnight lows around 40 degrees.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold mornings, sunshine-filled afternoons
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returning this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Morning valley fog followed by afternoon sunshine
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Afternoon sunshine expected after morning valley fog
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine, mild temperatures through Friday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine to follow morning showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold, wet weather for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking the next cold front