EUGENE, Ore. -- After three days of rain showers, we will finally start to dry out Wednesday.
Over those three days, Eugene received 1.61 inches of rain, including a daily record rainfall on Tuesday of 0.71 inches. Tuesday also saw several funnel clouds in the area. Luckily, none of them became tornadoes, and no damage was reported.
Wednesday: AM Fog/PM Sun. Highs in upper 70s to low 80s
Thursday: AM Fog/PM Sun. Highs in low 80s
Friday: Partly cloudy w/ slight AM chance. Highs in mid to upper 70s
Saturday: Partly cloudy w/ chance late. Highs in mid to upper 70s
Sunday: Mostly cloudy w/ showers. Highs in low to mid 70s
Monday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated showers. Highs in low to mid 70s
Tuesday: Partly cloudy w/ isolated showers. Highs in low to mid 70s
A weak, high-pressure center is moving into the region Wednesday morning. This will lead to the clouds and fog breaking up around the noon, leading to sunshine this afternoon. Highs will be closer to normal, but still a degree or two below (79 is normal).
Wednesday night should remain mostly clear, but some areas of fog are expected to develop after 2 a.m. Thursday morning. The fog shouldn’t last long with sunshine continuing in the afternoon. Warmer temperatures are expected and highs will reach into the lower 80s.
Our next cool front will pass through late Thursday night into Friday morning. This will likely bring some spotty showers Friday morning. Right now, models have those showers focused more to the northwest of our forecast area. Once those showers move out, partly sunny skies are expected the rest of Friday and much of Saturday.
Saturday night our next major system will arrive, though it will be late. This means Corvallis and Eugene should stay dry for the games this weekend. This low-pressure system will bring steady rain on Sunday. Following the main passage of the front, instability and onshore flow will remain on Monday. This will allow for plenty of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Showers will begin to end on Tuesday, but expect showers on Monday and Tuesday next week to be similar to the past two days. That includes heavy on and off showers and cooler temperatures.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returning this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returns; more rain on the way
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine to follow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine on the way
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain and snow returning for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain returns this afternoon, continues through weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Dry start to weekend before rain returns
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain returns tomorrow, continues through weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers return tonight
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend