EUGENE, Ore. -- After four days of rain showers, we will finally dry out some over the next few days.
Thursday: Partly sunny w/ AM fog. Highs in low 70s
Friday: Mostly cloudy w/ AM fog. Highs in low 70s
Saturday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 70s
Sunday: Showers. Highs in upper 60s
First Day of Fall: Mostly sunny w/ am fog. Highs in upper 60s
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 70s
The region so far has seen 2 to 3 times normal rainfall for the entire month over the first two weeks of September.
Expect clouds to linger on Thursday through much of the day, though there will be increasing sun breaks during the afternoon hours. This afternoon sun should allow temperatures to approach 70 degrees in the inland valleys.
High clouds will begin to push into the region Thursday afternoon from the north as a weak front moves southward overnight. Models point to spotty showers tonight and Friday morning in the Cascades. Rainfall at this point looks very light.
Friday will remain cloudy as a deep layer of mid and high clouds stick around. This will keep temperatures in the 60s on Friday and 50s in the high elevations.
High pressure will build in on Saturday bringing significantly more sunshine to the area. Saturday will be the best day of the weekend with highs in the in low to mid 70s. Our next front will arrive on Sunday bringing our next chance of rain.
The low-pressure system on Sunday will bring another round of extensive rainfall to the region. Luckily, unlike the three similar systems in the last two weeks, Sunday’s system will be moving a lot faster. Behind the front, high pressure will build into the region on Monday. High pressure is expected to persist through the middle of the week keeping us rather dry as well as bringing slightly warmer temperatures.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Relatively drier weather expected through Saturday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect showers tomorrow
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect rain this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cooler temperatures expected over the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: More fog expected for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 2
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 5
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 6
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 7
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking dangerous heat and critical fire weather