EUGENE, Ore. -- It's another hot day as temperatures approach 90 degrees inland. Coastal temperatures will remain in the 70s over the next several days as well. The coast also will continue to see marine clouds/fog on Thursday and Friday morning.
Temperatures will start to cool on Thursday back into the mid-80s inland as a weak system drops south out of British Columbia. The majority of energy will stay well east of the Cascades, meaning that we will remain dry. Despite staying dry, temperatures will drop 2 to 5 degrees.
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in upper 80s and low 90s
Thursday: Sunny. Highs in mid to upper 80s
Friday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Monday: Sunny. Highs in mid 80s
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in mid to upper 80s
Temperatures will continue to cool into the low to mid 80s for the weekend as an upper level trough digs into the Pacific Northwest. The bulk of any precipitation stays over Eastern Oregon but will bring in marine fog to Coast in the morning.
After Friday, models continue to struggle with the path of an upper level low that will move through the Pacific Northwest. This disparity in the models has caused the flip for or against precipitation chances through the weekend. What we do know is temperatures will be on the cooler side, near 80, with an outside chance of showers through Monday morning.
On Monday afternoon into Tuesday, a weak high-pressure ridge will build in ahead of our next Pacific System moving into the Pacific Northwest later in the week. Monday and Tuesday will see temperatures return to near normal, mid 80s, with sunny skies.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures to cool into the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cooler temperatures expected over the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 2
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 5
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 6
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Aug. 7
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Severe storms possible on Friday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Severe storms could spark new wildfires
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunny and warm start to the week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat returns to western Oregon