EUGENE, Ore. -- Student enrollment is on the rise for Eugene School District 4J, district officials say.
Officials said in 2019, elementary, middle and high school enrollment increased by 120 students to 16,313.
After reaching a low of 16,006 students in 2014, officials say this year's increase is part of an upward trend that started in 2015. Since then, there was a dip in 2018, but this year once again saw an increase in students.
The district also reported school-level trends at North Eugene High School, Arts & Technology Academy and River Road/El Camino del Rio Elementary School.
Officials said North Eugene's enrollment is up 15% over the past three years, and the Arts & Technology Academy has seen growth of 26% over the past three years with a 69% increase over the past six. At River Road, the increase is in the area of 29% over three years.
The recent span has been the first enrollment increase since 2003, and the largest growth since the 1990s.
- Student enrollment on the rise for Eugene School District 4J
- 4J District releases new proposed school schedules
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- PeaceHealth teams up with Eugene 4J School District to ensure healthcare
- 4J School District is asking for the community's help
- 4J school district scraps Camas Ridge relocation possibility
- Eugene 4J School Board approves new fall schedules
- Eugene 4J rally welcomes staff to new school year
- 4J submits drawings for new North Eugene High School
- Students participate in bike rodeo at 4J elementary schools