EUGENE, Ore. -- A Halsey man was arrested after a carjacking in a Walmart parking lot in Eugene on Tuesday.
David Coonradt, 51, faces charges of first-degree robbery, unauthorized use of a vehicle and eluding a police officer.
Police said a 22-year-old man was changing his tire at the West 11th Avenue Walmart at about 3 p.m. when Coonradt threatened him with a tool and stole his Honda Accord. The victim took a photograph of the suspect.
Police located the vehicle, but they said Coonradt got away. It was later found in the 3400 block of Jacobs Drive.
A Lane County deputy identified Coonradt as the suspect, and police stopped Coonradt at Garfield Street and West 8th Avenue around 11:30 p.m. He was taken into custody without incident.
- Suspect arrested after carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Man arrested after two carjackings in Portland
- Man gets 30 years in prison for Walmart parking lot shooting
- Carjacking suspect dead after officer-involved shooting in Portland
- Woman arrested in garden center parking lot for stealing van
- Police arrest two in Cottage Grove carjacking, kidnapping
- Eugene Airport opens new economy parking lot
- California man accused of carjacking on I-5
- Eugene man arrested after Walmart theft
- Woman accused of running brother over in parking lot