EUGENE, Ore. – Eugene police arrested a man for two attempted street robberies early Friday morning.
Police arrested Benjamin William Ehmer, 21, when they spotted him following a man shortly after 6 a.m. on Highway 99. Ehmer ran away but police quickly found him and arrested him at Elmira and Figueroa.
Ehmer was also arrested for the attempted robbery of a teenager earlier in the morning. Police were called to Willamette High School at 4:52 a.m. Friday after a 17-year-old on his way to work reported that a tried to rob him at knifepoint near Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Road.
Police later determined that Ehmer was the same suspect sought in both the Echo Hollow and the Highway 99 incidents. He was jailed for attempted robbery, illegal use of a weapon and for an outstanding warrant.
- Suspect arrested in two Friday morning robberies
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- UPDATE: Eugene police arrest, identify robbery suspects
- Eugene police arrest chain-wielding robbery suspect
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Eugene police arrest suspect in U.S. Bank robbery
- Two suspects sought in Eugene deli robbery
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect