EUGENE, Ore. -- The suspicious death on Pearl Street Wednesday night is now a homicide investigation, Eugene police said.
Police identified the victim as Ovid Neal, 56, of Eugene.
Officers responded to a call around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, and they found Neal down on the sidewalk near a parking garage in the area of Pearl Street and East 10th Alley.
Medics were on the scene treating Neal, who later died.
If anyone has information, they are asked to call police.
- Suspicious death in downtown Eugene now a homicide investigation
- Police continue to investigate suspicious death in downtown Eugene
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene
- Police investigate homicide in Eugene
- Deputies investigate suspicious death in Albany
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Police investigating assault in downtown Eugene
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device