UPDATE: The bomb squad has given the all clear.
Officials did not find a device, but a bag with clothing and personal items.
The road was reopened at 2:31 p.m., police said.
EUGENE, Ore. – Police have evacuated the Lane Transit District bus station in downtown Eugene because of a suspicious package found aboard an EmX bus.
Willamette Street between West 10th Avenue and West 11th Avenue is blocked.
An LTD spokesperson says the bus with the suspicious package inside has been pulled to the side while the bomb squad investigates.
LTD Officials say one person got on the bus at a bus stop, and ran off at the next stop, leaving the bag behind. The driver of the bus was aware and reported it to police.
Police said they do have photos and video of the individual who ran from the bus and they are working to track him down.
- Suspicious device forces evacuation of LTD bus station in Eugene
- Suspicious device found in Bend
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device
- Suspicious device found near Eugene parking garage deemed safe
- House fire forces Eugene family to evacuate
- Multiple fires inside South Eugene High School force evacuation
- Eugene bike share station vandalized
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene
- Wildfire forces evacuations near The Dalles
- Neighbors react to proposed LTD bus station