EUGENE, Ore. -- A suspicious man watched and chased after a 15-year-old boy at Cal Young Skate Park Tuesday, Eugene police said.
The teenager said he was at the skate park with two friends when they noticed a man watching them. He said his friends left around 5:15 p.m. and the stranger approached him, making the teen uncomfortable.
Police said he tried to leave, but the man blocked the exit and invited him to come closer. The boy ran, threw his belongings over the fence and climbed over it. He then ran toward the intersection of Gilham Road and Crescent Avenue.
The boy said the man jumped over the fence and followed him. Eventually, the man returned to his car, which is described as a white Hyundai with a black hood.
Police said the victim hid and saw the car drive slowly past him to the east before turning north on Chuckanut Street. The man turned and stopped facing Crescent Avenue.
After running home, the victim reported the incident to his mother, who called police.
The teen said he’s seen the suspect’s vehicle in the area on previous occasions.
The man is described as white, in his late 20s and 5 feet 10 inches tall. He has a heavy build has dark, balding hair with a buzz cut. Police said he was last seen wearing corrective glasses and a white tank top and black and red basketball-type shorts.
Police commended the teen for being aware of his surroundings, putting distance between himself and the suspect and reporting the incident.
If anyone has information or relevant tips in the case, they should call 541-682-5111.
- Suspicious man chases teen at Cal Young Skate Park
- Skate World hosts last skate session
- Suspicious device found near Eugene parking garage deemed safe
- Beavers Falter Against Cal
- Suspicious device found in Bend
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device
- Man accused of fighting a teen at Amazon Park
- Beavs bounce back against Cal
- Boise teen arrested after high-speed chase near La Grande
- Suspicious man offers students a ride home in Eugene