ROSEBURG, OR. -- A Tacoma, Washington man has been arrested in Roseburg and connected to several crimes in the area.
Roseburg police said Jacob Norman, 34, was arrested earlier this month after being identified as a suspect in seven cases of thefts from vehicles in January.
They said Norman was pulled over and booked on a parole violation out of Washington.
Police said most of these cases happened with unlocked vehicles.
“Harden the target. Lock your vehicles. It’s simple, but most of our car clouts that we find are unlocked vehicles. So, it’s something we can all, actually, really fix, in a way,” said Sgt. Dennis Chrisenbery.
Police served a warrant at a residence in the area and were able to link him to those seven cases, as well as three more that happened earlier this month.
Norman is being held in the Douglas County Jail on 18 charges.
- Tacoma man arrested in Roseburg for theft from vehicles
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Roseburg man arrested after stolen car recovered
- Roseburg man arrested after armed standoff
- Horse hit by vehicle in Roseburg
- Two arrested, two others sought in Sweet Home vehicle theft
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Roseburg Police investigating mail thefts in two neighborhoods
- More electric vehicle charging options coming to Coos Bay, Roseburg
- Two arrested at laundromat in Roseburg