EUGENE, Ore. -- Page Mesher and Scott Spaan have been grilling at Autzen Stadium for thirty-one years. They went from cooking with a hibachi to grilling hundreds of ribs.
“It kind of evolved we were doing it for ourselves and people would come by and we started making it special,” Mesher said.
Doc Q is the creator of the recipe, Scott is in charge of grilling the ribs and Page funds the meal every tailgate.
The ribs travel when the Oregon Ducks football team does.
"When we go to the south, we get the southerners and the SEC to bow down to us, when they taste our ribs, they go how did you boys from the way out west learn how to smoke like that?" Spaan said.
From the south back to the west coast they're giving people something to talk about.
This group of Duck fans have no plans of stopping anytime soon.
"We will be here as long as god willing we can do it, as long as Scotty wants to cook,” Mesher said.
- Tailgate Spotlight: Mesher's magic ribs
- Tailgate Spotlight: The Fire Duck
- Tailgate Spotlight: Reunion like no other
- Tailgate Spotlight: Generations in the making
- Tailgate Spotlight: Gascho's truck brings in hundreds of fans
- Tailgate Spotlight: Lane Harris and the West Virginia Trailer
- Tailgate Spotlight: Oregon Duck fans take tailgating to a new level
- Tailgating changes at Autzen
- Eugene City Council OKs extended tailgating time at Autzen Stadium
- Justice Ginsburg hospitalized after fracturing ribs in fall