LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- Teachers in Bethel and Springfield received some big surprises today.
The Bethel Education Foundation gave grants from donors to a teacher in every school for a total of more than $37,000. The money for these grants came from donors. Also, $2,500 grant was given to a special needs teacher at Clear Lake Elementary School. This grant was paid for by Seneca Sawmill.
The Springfield Education Foundation gave out more than a dozen grants, totaling $60,000.
These grants will help improve innovative teaching methods at both school districts by giving teachers new training and outfitting classrooms with new technology.
- Teachers surprised with thousands in grant money
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce surprises middle school teacher
- Parents, teachers upset after Portland school auctions off teachers for money
- Thousands participate in Eugene Marathon
- Beaverton woman surprised with son's military homecoming
- Students surprised with free shoes at school
- Students surprise Sutherlin Police with handmade card
- Thousands of Los Angeles teachers are about to go on strike. What will happen to 600,000 students?
- Thousands honor Veterans during annual parade
- Thousands attend annual Springfield Christmas Parade