SANDY, Ore. (AP) -- A 15-year-old boy has drowned at Oxbow Regional Park, the second drowning at the popular park in two weeks.
The boy was swimming in the Sandy River on Monday afternoon when he disappeared.
Authorities searched the river and found the boy's body just before 6 p.m.
The teen's name has not been released.
An 8-year-old boy drowned at the same park on July 30.
Authorities urged swimmers to wear the free life jackets that are offered at the park during the summer.
- Teen's drowning 2nd in two weeks at Oxbow Park
- Teen drowns in lake near Creswell, officials say
- Man drowns near Maurie Jacobs Park in Eugene
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Sunriver man, 63, drowns in Deschutes River
- Man drowns at Fern Ridge Reservoir
- Fern Ridge drowning victim's fiancee speaks out
- 2nd suicide at Eugene parking garage sheds light on need for prevention
- Marion County confirms 2nd measles diagnosis