WINSTON, Ore. -- A Tenmile man died in an industrial accident outside Winston Tuesday morning, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said.
Richard Allen Smith, 57, was injured while working on a piece of equipment at a logging site off of Kent Creek Road.
Douglas County Emergency Communications received a request for medical assistance just before 9:30 a.m.
Smith was declared dead at the scene.
The Douglas County Medical Examiner’s Office is investigating the death.
- Tenmile man dies in industrial accident near Winston
- Man injured in Tenmile shooting
- Winston man dies in crash
- Deputies investigate murder in Tenmile
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- Possible motive revealed in Tenmile homicide case
- Missing Winston man found dead
- Elderly man dies in boating accident
- Springfield man dies in logging accident
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident