EUGENE, Ore. -- After more than 30 years in Eugene, The Shamrock Flowers and Gifts will be closing down at the end of September.
Owner Scott Sunderland said he decided to close the store so he can spend more time with his family. The Shamrock will continue to provide flowers and plants with deliveries through the end of the month.
Customer Pam Leavitt said she’s been coming to the store for years and said small stores like this one are slowly going away.
“You feel like you know the sales people, and you feel good about coming in here, and that I’m really going to miss,” Leavitt said.
Sunderland said in-house charge accounts will no longer be available, and they are having a storewide sale.
The store employees 14 people. Many of them work part-time.
- The Shamrock Flowers and Gifts closing after more than 30 years
- Dandelions Flowers prepares for UO graduation ceremonies
- Eugene flower shop 'Petals it Forward'
- Why flowers get so expensive on Valentine's Day
- Web Extra: Mikayla Pivec on Close Losses, Difference This Year
- Web Extra: Kat Tudor on Close Losses, Difference This Year
- Popular Eugene bagel shop closing after 40 years
- Christmas gifts stolen from under tree while family sleeps
- Affordable housing residents get gifts, food from Bi-Mart
- Boxes from your Christmas gifts could provoke theft