DUPONT, Wash. (AP) - Authorities have identified the third man killed in the deadly Amtrak derailment in Washington state and say he was under federal supervision for a child pornography conviction.
The Pierce County coroner's office said Wednesday that 40-year-old Benjamin Gran, of Auburn, Washington, died of multiple traumatic injuries in the train accident.
Federal officials say they were notified of Gran's death. Officials say Gran had been ordered to a lifetime of supervised release following a felony conviction for child pornography. He served two years in prison and was released in 2015.
The coroner's office also ruled the deaths of two other victims as accidents. Sixty-one-year-old Jim Hamre and 35-year-old Zack Willhoite died of severe brain and skull injuries from blunt impact on the train.
- Third man identified among train crash victims
- Murder victim identified
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Police identify man killed in crash
- UPDATE: 4 Victims in Deadly Harrisburg Plane Crash Identified
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Victim of Eugene house fire identified
- 1 of 2 victims identified in fatal crash near Santiam Pass
- UPDATE: Rider identified in Springfield motorcycle crash
- Amtrak train was speeding significantly before crash