ALBANY, Ore. -- Three men from California are facing charges in Oregon after police said they robbed a store in Albany, and committed other crimes in Salem.
Police said three suspects went into the Go Wireless store in Albany, displayed two guns, and forced an employee to open the safe. They reportedly stole several large bags of undisclosed property before taking off.
All three suspects reportedly had their faces covered.
Police said some of the stolen property was equipped with GPS tracker. They were able to track the suspects who headed northbound on I-5. Oregon State Police were notified and found their getaway car on the 3800 block of NE Iberis in Salem. They said the suspects had abandoned it.
One suspect, Christopher Rodriguez, was found in the area near the abandoned Nissan Altima. Police said the 33-year-old was taken to the hospital for a possible overdose. He faces charges of unlawful possession of heroin, giving false information to police, and a California warrant.
Meanwhile, police set up a perimeter. They said two other suspects broke into a home within the perimeter but later fled. Vitaliy Derkach, 27, and Yuriy Mishchuk, 32, were later found and arrested. They face charges of robbery, kidnapping, burglary, unlawful use of a weapon, and coercion.
Troopers said all three men are from Sacramento, California.
Police served a search warrant on the Nissan and a Toyota Prius. Police said the Toyota was stolen out of Sacramento and was found on SE Davidson Street in Albany.
- Three California men face charges out of Marion County
- Marion County deputy arrested on theft, misconduct charges
- Marion County scales back curbside recycling
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Marion County confirms 2nd measles diagnosis
- Troopers identify children killed in Marion County crash
- Marion and Polk counties close to hiring homeless czar
- One arrested in Marion County for making school threat
- Escaped Marion County inmate found in home, arrested again
- Arrested Marion County deputy accused of stealing shotguns