EUGENE, Ore. -- It's been nearly 50 years since Wildlife Safari opened its doors in Winston. Today, the park is home to more than 500 animals across 400 acres of property.
Thursday, team members from Wildlife Safari brought in two of their animal ambassadors, Toby the skunk and Simone the black tailed prarie dog.
While talking about each animal, they also caught us up on what's happening at the park this holiday season. They also brought along a few one-of-a-kind holiday gift ideas that were created by some of the animals at Wildlife Safari.
They also revealed when the perfect time is to visit the park -- right now! They said the cooler weather makes all the animals more active, compared to summer time, which you may think is the ideal time to go.
If you would like more information about Wildlife Safari, including ticket prices, click here.
- 'Tis the season for a trip to Wildlife Safari
- Celebrate Children Day at the Wildlife Safari
- Wildlife Safari responds to Australian brush fires
- It's a girl! Wildlife Safari welcomes baby giraffe
- Wildlife Safari cuts ribbon on new elephant expansion
- Cheetahs come to Eugene for Wildlife Safari outreach program
- Wildlife Safari provides 'escape' as coronavirus concerns rise
- Wildlife Safari has welcomed a new member to the family, a baby giraffe.
- Local ties to California wildfire disaster
- Man tied to drug-trafficking organization sentenced