Eugene, Ore. -- The Lane Titans had an afternoon filled with sports, as both soccer teams and volleyball hosted games at home on Wednesday.
Women's Soccer beats Southwestern Oregon
In the 10th minute, Sheldon grad Sophie Hubbard dropped in a goal just outside SWOCC's goalies reach and the Titans took a 1-0 lead early. It continued into the 42nd minute off a free kick, this time from Bailey Mullins, who scored LCC's third goal of the game. The local stars carried the day as the Titans grabbed their first win of the year over Southwestern Oregon 3-1. LCC are 1-4-1 on the season.
Men's Soccer falls to SWOCC
On the men's side of things, the story was a bit different. SWOCC put pressure on LCC from the opening kickoff. In the 7th minute, Alejandro Garcia put a corner kick it into the box, where it met a friendly head but just went a little wide of the best and just out of reach to keep the score level. Southwestern Oregon would keep the pressure up until they broke the game open on a goal from Joe Montero, who scored in the 16th minute. Lane would get one back but ultimately fall 2-1. Titans fall to 1-1-3 on the year.
Volleyball sweeps Chemeketa
Rounding out the evening of Titans sports was the volleyball team, hoping for win number 11 on the season. LCC won the first two sets with ease, and in the third set relied heavily on Cassidy Herbert, the reigning southern region offensive player of the week in the NWAC. Herbert's kill on match point sealed the deal as LCC sweeps Chemeketa at home to advance to 11-7 on the year.
- Titan Roundup: Soccer teams split while volleyball sweeps
- Titan Roundup: Men's, women's soccer draw, volleyball wins vs. UCC
- Ducks, Titans soccer share Mertz connection
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks sweep doubleheader
- Beaver Hoops Roundup: OSU sweeps Saturday games
- Hoops Roundup: UO, OSU women's teams victorious, men's teams fall
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Hoops Roundup: Oregon hoops sweeps at home, OSU falls on the road.
- Oregon volleyball signs Team Impact 8 year old
- High school volleyball team raises money for cancer awareness