EUGENE, Ore. – A train hit and killed a woman in the 300 block of Madison Street in downtown Eugene and police asked people to avoid the area Tuesday morning.
The train blocked north and southbound traffic from Jefferson Street to the Chambers connector.
Eugene police said the crash happened at 8:26 a.m.
A medical examiner is continuing the investigation into the fatal crash, police said.
- Train kills pedestrian in downtown Eugene
- Neighbors remember pedestrian killed in Eugene
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Two pedestrians injured in Eugene crash identified
- Pedestrian hit in Eugene crash dies
- Downtown Eugene survey closes soon
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Pedestrian killed in crash near Roseburg
- Pedestrian killed in crash near Roseburg identified