EUGENE, Ore. – Oregon’s leading tackler will return for his senior season in 2019, the university said Thursday.
Inside linebacker Troy Dye is a second-team All-Pac-12 Conference pick in both 2017 and 2018, has 313 career tackles and needs 121 tackles as a senior to become the school’s all-time leader.
“Not many have the opportunity to play big-time college football. I have truly enjoyed every moment of playing in the best stadium and in front of the best fans in the nation,” Dye said. “I think I still have so much left to accomplish, and there is an opportunity to create something special in the year ahead. After long conversations with my family and friends, I have decided to return to Oregon for my senior season to capitalize on those opportunities and create unforgettable moments.”
Dye’s return gives the Ducks seven returning starters on defense. Oregon will also return 10 of 11 starters on offense.
- Troy Dye returning for senior season at University of Oregon
- Web Extra: Troy Dye on Stanford's offense (10/11/17)
- Web Extra: Troy Dye after San Jose State (9/15/18)
- Web Extra: Troy Dye on defending Washington State (10/17/18)
- Ionescu returning for senior season
- Web Extra: Ugochukwu Amadi, Travis and Troy Dye after beating Bowling Green (9/1/18)
- Herbert to return for senior season
- Ionescu discusses return to Oregon following season
- Oregon's Troy Brown Jr. selected by the Washington Wizards
- Web Extra: Travis Dye on development and running backs (9/11/18)