EUGENE, Ore. -- Two people were arrested after reports of shots fired and a car crashing into a tree, Eugene Police said.
Police said just before 4 a.m. on Tuesday, they received a call about a green Ford Mustang that crashed into a tree on River Road and Myoak Drive, along with shots fired in the area. They said witnesses told them they saw another vehicle involved that left the scene.
Eugene Police Special Investigations Unit, assisted by the Street Crimes Unit, followed up on the case and arrested two people from Eugene. Abigail Maria Jeffrey Pierce, 30, is charged with first-degree attempted assault, menacing, unlawful use of a weapon and reckless endangerment. Eli William Laney, 43, is charged with second-degree assault with a vehicle and felony hit-and-run.
Police said they are still investigating but there is no threat to the community. If anyone has information, they are asked to contact Detective Curt Newell at 541-682-5174.
- Two arrested after crash and shots fired in Eugene
- UPDATE: Two men arrested after shots fired in Eugene
- Arrest made after Eugene man shot while camping
- Fire damages Eugene businesses
- Man arrested for DUII after crash in Eugene
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Garage fire displaces Eugene family