NORTH BEND, Ore. -- Two are dead after two vehicles collided on Highway 101 near North Bend Monday morning, Oregon State Police said.
Police said troopers responded to milepost 231, about three miles south of North Bend, at about 9:40 a.m.
At the time of the crash, the road was slushy and it was snowing.
Police said Jesse Praus, 36, of North Bend was headed northbound in the fast lane in a 1999 Ford F150 when he lost control and crossed the center line. Praus hit Susan Dixon, 58, of North Bend, who was headed southbound in a 2015 Ford CMAX.
Dixon and a 10-year-old passenger from the Ford were pronounced dead at the scene. Praus and a 7-year-old passenger were taken to the Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay with serious injuries.
Police said speed is being considered as a contributing factor due to the poor road conditions at the time of the crash.
The Hauser Fire Department, North Bay Fire Department, Bay Cities Ambulance, Coos County Sheriff’s Office, North Bend Police Department and Coos County District Attorney’s Office assisted.
- Two die in crash on Highway 101 near North Bend
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- UPDATE: Highway 101 reopens after fatal crash in Coos County
- Missing Missouri man dies in crash in North Bend
- Man dies after being struck by SUV on Highway 101
- Reedsport woman dies in crash on Highway 101 in Coos County
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- In The Garden: Filberts 101
- Hwy 101 crash kills one, seriously injures two others