EUGENE, Ore. -- Two teenagers have been charged in the murder of a man on Pearl Street earlier this month.
Police arrested Jessica Simmons, 15, and Jonathan Kirkpatrick, 16, Wednesday. Simmons faces murder and robbery charges, and Kirkpatrick faces aggravated murder and robbery charges.
Prosecutors said the teenagers are being charged as adults.
Ovid Neal, 56, of Eugene was found after 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 3 down on the sidewalk near a parking garage in the area of Pearl Street and East 10th Alley.
Medics treated Neal on the scene, but he later died.
Simmons and Kirkpatrick are scheduled to have their first court appearance on Friday at 8:30 a.m.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Jennifer Curry at 541-682-5166.
- Two teens charged in murder of Eugene man
- Teens accused of murdering Eugene man await grand jury hearing
- Man charged with murder after shooting in Eugene
- Man facing new charges in Eugene shooting
- Eugene man arrested on charges of extortion
- Man pleads not guilty to murder of Eugene man
- Teen faces 8 aggravated murder charges in Roseburg triple homicide
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man faces murder charges in Coquille
- Springfield man charged with murdering infant