EUGENE, Ore. --- University of Oregon officials are reassuring track and field fans after a report released on Tuesday claimed the construction of the new Hayward Field could be pushed back affecting the Ducks home schedule for 2020.
Communications Director Zack Barnett said construction is on track for the new field to open in spring 2020.
"We're anticipating completion in time for every major event that we have planned in 2020," Barnett said. "There haven't been any changes to what was planned earlier."
Barnett told KEZI 9 News the university said from the beginning that Hayward Field was going to be completed by that spring but did not specify a month.
There are no home meets scheduled for this year and the home schedule for next year has not yet been announced. Officials said the meets in 2020 will not be affected and the project timeline has not changed.
- Hayward Field on track to be completed by spring 2020, officials say
- Hayward Field to host 2020 Olympic Trials
- Hayward Field Construction Closures
- Crews start dismantling Hayward Field
- Hayward Field progressing ahead of 2020 Pac-12 Championships
- UO announces massive renovation to Hayward Field
- Community reacts to Hayward Field renovation plans
- Board of Commissioners supports Hayward Field renovations
- Tinker Hatfield criticizes Hayward Field plans
- Community reacts to Hayward Field demolition