Aurora, OR. -- Oregon football head coach Mario Cristobal and some of his assistant coaches participated in the Portland Golf Classic at Langdon Farms Golf Club.
The event was to benefit the University of Oregon athletic fund. There were also auction items including signed Oregon sports memorabilia.
"I'm not the worst," Cristobal said. "Our entire staff is full of really bad golfers. But if they were really good at golf then there would be something wrong there. We probably aren't putting the right amount of time we need to into football."
Cristobal also talked about the offseason and plans to begin fall camp sometime in early August.
"We play real, real good teams," Cristobal said. "We have a real tough road schedule. To make everything work it's going to require every ounce of these guys, and then some, and myself. That's the way it's going to be."
Other football coaches participating were co-defensive coordinator Keith Hayward and offensive line coach Alex Mirabal.
- UO football coaches compete in Portland Golf Classic
- UO football player arrested
- Police: Former UO football player wrestled armed person to the ground near Portland school
- UO unanimously approves Nike sponsorship
- DEA raids Portland pharmacy
- UO students unveil renewable energy plan
- UO players to meet with Taggart
- UO releases details of Mario Cristobal's contract