EUGENE, Ore. -- It was a sea of green at the University of Oregon Monday morning as students walked to the commencement ceremony.
Over 5,000 students dressed up in their caps and gowns and paraded across campus from the Erb Memorial Union Building to the Matthew Knight Arena. Parents and loved ones cheered them on as the students walked by.
This was the university's 142nd commencement. A spokesman for the university said the oldest graduate was 67 while the youngest was 19. One parent said he wouldn't send his kids anywhere else.
“I think it's the community here,” said Cludio Bet, whose son just graduated. “The sports, the entertainment, just the way students get along with each other.”
The vast majority of the graduates received their bachelor's degree. Over 100 doctoral and law degrees were also given out. Miguel McKelvey, a UO grad and co-founder of the company WeWork, gave the keynote address.
- University of Oregon holds 142nd commencement
- Oregon football holds Pro Day
- Basketball player sues the University of Oregon
- Oregon State University professor will appeal termination
- Osprey lays eggs at University of Oregon
- University of Oregon construction site flooded
- Bomb threat reported at Oregon State University
- University of Oregon students celebrating graduation
- University of Oregon hosts first Oregon Cyber Resilience Summit
- Cal holds off Oregon State 37-23