EUGENE, Ore. - U.S. Representative Peter Defazio who represents Oregon’s 4th district met with local leaders on Wednesday to talk about investing in transportation infrastructure.
The event was at the University of Oregon’s Ford Alumni Center.
Eugene Mayor Lucy Vinis and Springfield Mayor Christine Lundberg were at the event along with officials from various transportation agencies and nonprofits.
Defazio said the “moving forward” framework involves investing $760 billion dollars into green infrastructure.
Green infrastructure includes transit, highways, harbors, airports, and broad-band.
Defazio also said it’s all about repairing the crumbing infrastructure while working towards zero carbon pollution.
- Congressman brings “Moving Forward” round table to Eugene
- Eugene moving forward with stricter firework restrictions
- Eugene moves forward with railroad 'quiet zones'
- 'Save the Bees' plan moves forward in Eugene
- Eugene councilors move forward on new City Hall
- Pot buffer zone moves forward
- Eugene flower shop 'Petals it Forward'
- Eugene teacher preparing for upcoming farm-to-table program
- City moves forward on riverfront development