EUGENE, Ore. --Vin Lananna, president of TrackTown USA and USA Track & Field, was placed on temporary administrative leave by USATF following revelations that he was contacted by U.S. Dept. of Justice investigators "months ago."
A statement by USATF said the move was made to "help eliminate potential conflict of interest concerns as DOJ investigates the bids for several international athletic championships..."
USATF officials say they learned of the contact between DOJ investigators and Lananna in the last 10 days.
"USATF has no reason to believe TrackTown and/or Mr. Lananna have done anything wrong," Steve Miller, USATF board chair, said.
- USATF puts Lananna on administrative leave, DOJ investigates
- Vin Lananna resigns as TrackTown USA president
- Ducks Well Represented at USATF Outdoor National Championships
- Report: DOJ investigating Eugene's 2021 Championships bid
- Springfield police lieutenant put on leave
- DOJ declines to investigate deal with Brown, Nike, unions
- Roseburg superintendent put on leave, expected to be fired
- Teachers in border wall Halloween costumes put on paid leave
- Lane County deputy on leave pending investigations
- Scammers impersonating Social Security Administration