ROSEBURG, Ore. – Organizers with Umpqua Strong are gearing up for their third annual run/walk in September.
They kicked off fundraising for the event Thursday morning at Umpqua Community College.
READ MORE: Umpqua Strong raises more then $37,000
Umpqua Strong was created after the shooting at the college in October 2015 that left nine people dead.
The event has raised about $100,000 in the past two years for memorial scholarships and nonprofits. Organizers said it is the most attended run/walk in Douglas County.
READ MORE: UCC names building replacing Snyder Hall
This year’s 5K and 9K with be held on Sept. 29 in Stewart Park in Roseburg.
- Umpqua Strong kicks off fundraising for run/walk
- Organizers cancel fourth annual Umpqua Strong run
- UCC shooting victims honored at 3rd annual Umpqua Strong walk
- Unofficial Umpqua Strong run set in wake of cancellation
- Umpqua Strong raises more then $37,000
- Neighborworks Umpqua to help out local veterans
- Annual Umpqua Fishery Enhancement Derby begins
- North Umpqua Unified brings students together
- Threat found at South Umpqua High School
- South Umpqua Complex Fire burning 1,500 acres