UMPQUA, Ore. -- An 83-year-old Umpqua woman is dead and her husband is in critical condition after a crash Monday night on Tyee Road.
Thomas Parkinson, 83, and his wife, Margaret, were taken by air ambulance from the scene, and Margaret was later pronounced dead. Thomas was taken to RiverBend Hospital.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said at about 4:30 p.m. Thomas was driving a 2010 Toyota Camry westbound when he crossed into the path of an eastbound 2003 Ford F250 pickup truck in the 3800 block of Tyee Road.
Kristopher Knowlton, 26, of Oakland was driving the Ford. He was uninjured.
If you have information, contact deputies at 541-440-4471.
- Umpqua woman dead, husband in critical condition after crash
- Missing man, daughter found dead in Umpqua River
- Man dead, woman injured after falling 70 feet from cliff in Umpqua National Forest
- Deputies search for missing woman on North Umpqua Trail
- Neighborworks Umpqua to help out local veterans
- Umpqua Strong raises more then $37,000
- Annual Umpqua Fishery Enhancement Derby begins
- North Umpqua Unified brings students together
- Threat found at South Umpqua High School
- South Umpqua Complex Fire burning 1,500 acres