EUGENE, Ore. -- A spokesperson with the University of Oregon said a student has died following medical crisis.
He said the 21-year-old fraternity member died at an off-campus residence Friday morning. Eugene Police and the medical examiner's office are investigating.
He said the University sent a letter to the fraternity and sorority leadership team: "We recognize that this is a difficult time for those in the fraternity and sorority communities, and the larger UO community. Please take care of yourselves and each other by seeking appropriate resources. The Counseling Center will be available to provide assistance (https://counseling.uoregon.edu/) and students may utilize the UO crisis support line after hours or on weekends as needed (541-346-3227)."
- University of Oregon student dies at off-campus residence
- University of Oregon Police add security cameras near campus
- University of Oregon certified as a Bee Campus USA
- Witness speaks out after shooting near University of Oregon's campus
- University of Oregon students say Juul use is rising on campus
- 4,600 students move onto Oregon State University's campus for fall term
- University of Oregon students celebrating graduation
- Police shoot at cougar on university campus
- Oregon State students re-enact 1969 march across campus
- University of Oregon provides resources to keep students safe