SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - Calling all Eugene-Springfield area artists, UpStream Art is looking for people who want to get the message out about protecting our waterways.
This is for the third annual UpStream Art Installation. This year, murals will be painted on the ground at the Mill Race trailhead to convey a visual message about everyone's role in helping to protect our waterways.
Local artists in the Eugene-Springfield area are invited to apply and have until 5 p.m., Monday, May 21 to submit an application and design. This year's theme is: "It's All Connected."
In previous years, murals were painted on storm drains, but this year, murals will 'flow' into one another toward a vegetated stormwater treatment area.
There are spaces for up to ten murals, and artists will be compensated for their artwork.
Application instructions can be found here.
- UpStream Art is accepting applications for an art installation
- Third annual UpStream Art Installation held in Springfield Saturday
- Oregon to pause accepting marijuana license applications
- City of Eugene accepting loan applications to grow businesses
- Western Oregon arts programs receive grant funding
- Douglas County gallery holds student art exhibit
- Lane Arts Council receives $10,000 learning grant
- Greenhill asking for art donation ahead of animal fundraiser
- Playable art will soon be available in Park Blocks
- Local Martial Arts studio hosts free women self-defense seminar