EUGENE, Ore. -- The Valley River Center is holding a grand opening Saturday for their new mall entrance and the new and expanded Forever 21 location.
The new design includes a plaza in front of the mall entrance that will have outdoor seating for special events. Restaurants and outdoor-facing stores are also in the works.
"We're listening to our consumers, and we're trying to bring in the best retailers for what our consumers want," marketing manager Dani Olsen said. "Our hope is to be an all-inclusive center. We want you to be able to come here and shop, eat and also have time to relax with your family and enjoy the day."
As part of the renovation, the Sports Authority building was taken down, opening up the new entrance space.
The plaza is running a little late but will be ready in time for warmer weather, mall officials said.
The grand opening is set for 10 a.m.
- Valley River Center to open new entrance, Forever 21 on Saturday
- Forever 21 apologizes for sending Atkins bars with online orders
- Valley River Center announces major overhaul
- Deschutes River to be featured on 'forever' stamp in 2019
- North Entrance Road Opens at Crater Lake National Park
- Police: Man at Valley River Center pulls gun on teenagers
- Entrance fees increasing for Crater Lake
- Valley River Inn under new ownership
- Community celebrated Willamette River at festival Saturday
- Two face theft charges after being arrested at Valley River Center