EUGENE, Ore. -- Lane County officials are looking for the people responsible for damaging a parking area at Mt. Pisgah.
Vandals caused extensive damage to the North Trailhead Parking Area, according to Lane County officials.
They said the vandals have been "mudding" in the parking area, making it impossible to park vehicles in the lot. There is also significant damage to the vegetation.
“It’s really frustrating to know that someone has no regard for the park or the people who visit it,” said Park Ranger Todd Bowen. Repairing damage like this means we have less funding to maintain trails, improve bathrooms or make other improvements to our parks.”
Mt. Pisgah Arboretum employees installed log barriers to block off the area but vandals have continued to find ways around the barriers.
Park officials are asking the anyone who sees any suspicious activity to report it by calling 541-682-2000.
If caught, the vandals could be cited up to $500.
- Vandals destroy parking area at Mt. Pisgah
- New kiosk for Mt. Pisgah day pass, no cash needed
- Vandals destroy radio tower on Coos Mountain
- Deputies investigating vandalism reports in Veneta area
- Mount Pisgah reopening hampered by visitors ignoring closure, officials say
- Mount Pisgah still closed two weeks after snowstorm
- Vandals hit Springfield neighborhood
- Historic cemetery vandalized again
- "American Vandal" Casting Call
- Vandals force state park to cut its hours