Photo Gallery 3 Images
FLORENCE, Ore. -- Recent vandalism is forcing a popular state park near Florence to cut its hours.
Park Rangers at Jessie M. Honeymoon State Park said the gates to the park had always been kept open for dog walkers, joggers, and other users.
However, due to recent vandalism, the park is changing that.
Rangers said people have been driving in areas where they shouldn't be and are leaving extensive damage.
The new hours for the park are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will begin January 22.
They expect to have the damage fixed by the summer.
- Vandals force state park to cut its hours
- Vandals destroy parking area at Mt. Pisgah
- NextStep Recycling cutting back its hours in Eugene
- Vandals hit Springfield neighborhood
- Historic cemetery vandalized again
- "American Vandal" Casting Call
- Tree vandalized in Eugene
- Vandalism costs Nobel Peace Park hundreds in damages
- Eugene bike share station vandalized
- Albany police arrest vandalism suspect