EUGENE, Ore. -- Vin Lananna resigned as president of TrackTown USA Tuesday, according to a source close to the committee.
Lananna will also step down from his position as a chair of the Oregon21 organizing committee. However, he will still remain in his role as the University of Oregon's Associate Athletic Director.
TrackTown USA planned the last three U.S. Olympic Trials at Hayward Field, the 2014 World Junior Championships and the 2016 World Indoor Championships.
Lananna is currently the President of USA Track and Field, but it is important to note that Lananna has been on administrative leave from USATF since February because of conflicts of interest with his role as the president of TrackTown USA.
According to sources close to the TrackTown USA committee, Lananna resigned because he wants to focus all of his energy toward the 2021 World Outdoor Championships and making the event a success in hopes of bringing more positive attention to the sports.
In the meantime, Chief Executive Officer Michael Reilly will assume the responsibilities.
- Vin Lananna resigns as TrackTown USA president
- USATF puts Lananna on administrative leave, DOJ investigates
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- A3 Vice Principal resigns
- OHSU selects next president
- Principal at Lebanon school resigns
- City of Eugene receives 2018 Tree City USA Award
- University of Oregon certified as a Bee Campus USA
- "Space Force" ordered by President Trump
- Florence is vying for #1 on USA Today's 10 Best list