LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- The deadline for registering to vote is Tuesday, Oct. 16 and a local political organization was in the area Sunday morning reminding people to register on time.
The Democratic Party of Lane County worked to register people Sunday morning with the help of Sen. Lee Beyer (D).
Beyer said all elections are important, but local elections are crucial because the decisions you're voting on affect your daily life.
"What matters day to day to people are the roads they drive on, the safety of their streets, their kids’ education,” Beyer said. “That all happens locally. None of that happens nationally. So, the government that affects people the most is the state and local governments."
If you haven’t registered, you can register online.
You can also register by mail by printing a voter registration form, filling it out and mailing it or dropping the form off at your local election office.
To register to vote online, click here.
- Voter registration deadline approaches
- The voter registration deadline is April 24
- Deadline for voter registration is today
- Brown recall approaches deadline
- The tax deadline is approaching
- Deadline approaching to register for November election
- Ballot deadline approaching for November Special Election
- Report: Millennial voter registration in Oregon soars
- Deadline approaching for Oregonians to sign up for HealthCare
- Deadline approaching for 20 Under 40 Awards nominations