EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - Everett police say they arrested an 18-year-old student they believe was planning to shoot people at his high school.
KIRO reported Wednesday that officers arrested the man on attempted murder charges at ACES High School after being contacted by his grandmother, who showed them a journal where he allegedly drew up plans to shoot students and use homemade explosives at the school.
Detectives serving a search warrant at the grandmother's house seized items including the student's journal, a rifle, and inert grenades.
- Washington man arrested on suspicion of school shooting plan
- Man arrested in Newport shooting
- Man arrested following shooting death of high school student
- Man arrested after shooting outside Corvallis Safeway
- Man arrested after shooting at Springfield apartment
- Deputy shoots man while serving arrest warrant
- Washington man steals frozen bull semen
- Everett man held on $5 million bail for allegedly planning school shooting
- Three Oregon men arrested in Washington state hate crime
- Two arrested for video showing man shooting gun while driving