Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE: Eugene Police have arrested two men after an investigation into a video showing a man shooting out of a car window while driving on Highway 99.
Police have confirmed that they arrested the shooter, 22-year-old Jose Perfecto-Rocha, on charges of wreckless endangerment and unlawful use of a weapon.
They also arrested Nhowahisaac McDonald, 22, of Elmira on a parole violation of cocaine possession, as well as three counts of felon in possession of a firearm.
EUGENE, Ore. -- Cell phone video posted to Facebook shows a driver firing at least five bullets, apparently as they were driving down Highway 99.
The video was taken at night while the person holding the camera captured the driver seemingly firing at random.
At one point in the short video, an oncoming driver passed by less than a second after a bullet was shot.
Investigators said the gunman is known to police, but they aren't naming him as of their press release issued Tuesday morning.
The Eugene Police Department is looking for witnesses along with anyone whose home or business received damage from the gunfire.
Officers are also searching for the driver who was almost hit by one of the bullets.
All tips will be forwarded to Officer Jeremy Greene, Jeremy.A.Greene@ci.eugene.or.us., according to the Eugene Police Department.
Officers asked any people leaving a tip to please include their name and phone number so Officer Greene can contact them.
- Two arrested for video showing man shooting gun while driving
- Man arrested in Newport shooting
- Man arrested after shooting at Springfield apartment
- Deputy shoots man while serving arrest warrant
- Man accidentally shoots self at Oregon gun range
- Man accused of shooting pellet gun in downtown Eugene
- Man arrested after barricading himself inside home, guns seized
- Washington man arrested on suspicion of school shooting plan
- Man arrested following shooting death of high school student
- Video shows Duck fans throwing objects at Cardinal players